The Clinical Services Supervisor is responsible for facilitating, developing, managing and supervising the execution of goals and objectives of the clinical team (Nurses and Service Representatives) in a TeleHealth setting. It is responsible for ensuring that services and care are provided in compliance with established quality standards and health protocols.
• Master of Science in Nursing with a role in Administration from a recognized university.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in nursing practice in administration areas.
• R.N. License and Association, in force.
• Available to make trips around the Island, as required.
• Basic knowledge of applicable federal and labor laws.
• Excellent skills in managing change, group coordination, feedback, interpersonal relationships, clinical judgment, teamwork, and priority setting.
• Excellent verbal communication and projection skills with clients.
• Availability to hold meetings or supervise night hours (guard).
• Flexibility and availability, including weekends and holidays; answer calls within and outside working hours (24/7 “on call”).
• Orientation and commitment to customer service.
• Advanced command of computer skills. Knowledge in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook etc.
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish; Indispensable