We are looking for an efficient Payroll Clerk to be responsible for all tasks involved in processing payroll. The Payroll Clerk has a range of duties that include collecting timesheets, calculating wages, and ensuring employees receive their pay on time.
To be successful as a Payroll Clerk you should be able to carry out all tasks with high attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch Payroll Clerk should be highly organized and possess excellent math skills.
- Collecting and verifying time sheets.
- Entering employee information and payroll data into the system.
- Answering employees’ questions and concerns regarding payroll.
- Calculating payable hours, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and deductions.
- Processing new employees, promotions, and terminations.
- Issuing statements detailing earnings and deductions.
- Issuing and delivering paychecks to employees.
- Investigating and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Maintaining and updating payroll records.
- Preparing periodic payroll reports.
- Assists in internal and external audits requirements, including financial audit and retirement plan audits.
- Quarterly and annual returns in compliance with government requirements, including:
- Department of Labor
- Hacienda de PR
- Other activities as requested
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in a payroll department.
- Knowledge of payroll software is beneficial.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good math and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Team player.